Subject: Child Protegy???
So, Joshua was writing on a notepad on his bunk bed a couple of days ago, and wrote the following:2+4=6 7-8=-1 9-1+2=1010-20-1=-11 100-99-8=-71000-1000-20=-20 99-100+200=1991-0-0-100+100+1000=10002-100=-98 1+100-101-1000=-1000 So, I asked him how he knew what "negative numbers were", and he told me that he just figured out on his own that a minus sign was a negative number. (I think he has been playing with the calculator on the computer lately. I really don't think they teach this stuff in first grade.) So, Josh told me that he was going to do a great big one. When I got done telling Mckell a three minute story, he handed the following to me and told me to show it to Mom: 7-8-9+89-9-9+1-8+10-10+16-100=-30 Marcie and I did the math, and to our great surprise, this actually adds up. No mistakes. Written in pen. All the addition and subtraction done in his head. I double checked it with a calculator.What does this mean....???? Human computer?- David
No comments:
Post a Comment